Saturday, September 14, 2019

The Mind, Explained

Netflix has a new series called The Mind, Explained.  I saw it listed while browsing for something short and interesting to watch.  The idea of trying to understand what is going on inside our heads fascinates me.

The series briefly covers topics like anxiety, memory and others.  Each episode focuses specifically on one of those topics for 20-minutes.

I thought it would be helpful in my quest to understand others and to tap into the mind of my athletes, students and those around me.  As a coach, I try to develop the Total Athlete - body, mind and soul - so it made sense to choose The Mind, Explained.

Because of the length of each episode, the series only scratches the surface of complex topics.  However, it's worth the time and I learned a few important things that I'll be able to apply and be aware of instantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment