Monday, September 23, 2019

I'm cold

I have a few little "nuggets" that I like to share whenever the opportunity comes up with students, athletes and anyone else.  If I hear someone under my guidance say, "it's cold in here," I step in to share an important life lesson.  Well, at least that's what I believe it to be.  The truth is a very small percentage of people internalize the message.  Most of them roll their eyes.

Instead of saying, "it's cold," one should say, "I'm cold."  It's cold assumes that things are out of your control.  It's a victim mentally.  I'm cold comes from a place of power or personal responsibility and ownership.

It might be cold, however, we have the control to layer up or move around a bit.  We should always look for ways to increase personal responsibility and own our situations.

Next time you're feeling a little chilly, try saying, "I'm cold" and taking responsibility for your life and refrain from seeing yourself as a victim.  It's a very small thing that could have much bigger implications.

Change your words and it will change your life.



No comments:

Post a Comment