Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Do you smile when no one is looking?

A small sentence stood out in an article that I recently read.  I've been pondering on it often over the last few days.

The article was about being appreciative and controlling your attention or what you choose to focus on.  It made me think that joy is not about my circumstances, but what God is doing in and through me.

Here's the sentence:

"One common thing to observe is how much you smile when no one is looking."

It's had me paying attention to where my attention is.  Am I satisfied with where I'm at in my life?  Do I choose gratitude enough to have a cheerful disposition so that I'm actually smiling?  Do I understand biblical joy enough to be content, and even smile on my free time?

When you're all alone, what do you focus on?  Do you smile when no one is looking?

No comments:

Post a Comment