Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Goodbye 30's

I only have a couple of hours left in my 30's.  Tomorrow I will officially be Over the Hill.  At this time, I have nothing planned for tomorrow other than getting the boys on the bus and writing a blog before I go to bed.

I remember precisely when I turned 30.  I was in Herning, Denmark at the World Championships.  Since that day, I've had a lot of ups and downs.  My body was mostly sore the entire decade, although I've reorganized a few things and changed my diet, so I'm certain the next decade will feel much better.

I had a couple of kids in my 30's (one in my late 20's).  We lived in the same house and cycled through several vehicles in those 10 years.  I've done some coaching, career changes, world and local traveling, a few family vacations and over half the decade without Mountain Dew.

We entered into the elementary school world and sleep overs for our children.  We also bought a pop-up tent trailer and have been down a lot of water slides.  We've watched a lot of Netflix and kid's shows.  And House Hunter.

The best part of my 30's is falling more in love with Liz and our love overflowing into our children and welcoming other people's children into our lives and home.  It's sure made things interesting.

My apologies to those who read this blog today looking for a thought or two on an important topic.  See ya later, 30.

No comments:

Post a Comment