Friday, February 4, 2011

Conversation starter

For your information, a subtle Green Bay Packers hat is a great conversation starter if you're traveling on Super Bowl weekend and the Packers are playing in the prestigious game.

I had the opportunity to share my story of being a Packers fan to many strangers last night as I roamed the airport. A lot of people I passed gave me a thumbs-up or said the savory words, "Go Pack Go!"

I've been proud to wear Packers gear my entire life. I sported a Packers hooded sweatshirt 2-3 times per week when I was in 2ND grade. I had it washed daily and chewed on those hood strings like they were going out of style. Mrs. Lipsky made special mention of my green and gold attire every Monday following a Packers victory, which only happened 4 times that year under Lindy Infante (they beat the Vikings twice). I'm a die hard fan, but this season sparked a new kind of love for this team because I have a two year old son who says, "Go Pack Go!" every chance he gets.

It's fun being a Packers fan right now, but then again, it's always been fun - win or lose. I think that's why I received so much attention in the airport yesterday. People just enjoy enjoying the Packers.

Go Pack Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment