Monday, June 13, 2011

Camp of Champs

Today I traveled North to be a clinician/counselor at the Camp of Champs. Ben and John Peterson, both Olympic Gold Medalists, run this wonderful camp system. It combines faith and wrestling. Biblical principles are an integral part of the camp experience. We're tucked back in the woods at Camp Forest Springs in Westboro, WI.

Every year, my time at Camp of Champs is set in the middle of a typhoon of happenings in my life. My head is in every direction and I have many things on my proverbial plate. Every year it feels like I don't have the time to fit in the 2-3 days I spend at Camp of Champs. This year is no exception. I come here only one day after returning from the World Team Trials. I miss my kids and my wife. I have a lot of work that needs to be done and a lot of summer plans that still need tightening. In all of the hustle and bustle, it's the perfect time to be here.

Every summer, in the middle of all the craziness, God knows I need a few days to focus on Him to keep my priorities straight moving forward. Not that they've been out of order, but it's a good "check." God is always thinking ahead, especially when I may or may not be. I like that attribute about Him.

I'm excited for the next few days. Even though I'd rather be hanging out at the park with Isaiah, Micaiah and Liz today, God wants me here. How can I go wrong? I trust that God will use this to sharpen my focus on His plan as I continue working on my plan. If my plan is in line with His, all is well. To be in the middle of a move of God is where I need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment