Friday, June 11, 2010

God is...God

I'm in my hotel room after the first day of the US World Team Trials in Council Bluffs, IA and I'm marveling at the wonders of God.

I've spent a few weeks loading my mind with thoughts by great Christian leaders like Francis Chan, Erwin McManus, Louie Giglio and Steven Furtick. I've listened to podcasts while delving into Crazy Love (by Chan) and The Barbarian Way (by McManus) once again. This is round two for Crazy Love and the third time for Barbarian Way. I've also been able to read the Bible with a fresh perspective. I feel like I can't get enough right now.

In addition, I've seen God move around me in new and refreshing ways. I've witnessed people cross the line of faith for the first time and I've seen individuals understand the power they have in Christ. It's been pretty spectacular and what keeps coming to my mind right now is God is...God.

As Francis Chan says, "isn't it great to worship a God that we can't exaggerate?" Have you ever thought about that? There is nothing I can do that will help me come close to wrapping my mind around who He is. Additionally, there's certainly nothing I can say that can describe Him. Any adjective that I might try to use would only deduce Him. He is way more than "marvelous" or "big" or "cool." I've been trying to find a word and am left completely speechless. The only thing that can describe God's might is God Himself.

This week has been amazing and all I can say is God is God.

After one day of the Trials, that's all I have for you...maybe I'll be able to write about wrestling tomorrow. I guess this blogpost is evidence that there is more to life than wrestling. Much more!

No comments:

Post a Comment