Tuesday, November 24, 2009

7 biggest problems in youth sports

Before I get started with this series about the problems that we face in youth sports, I think it's appropriate to outline what I believe to be the largest hurdles. I did my best to channel my thought process into the seven biggest problems. This way, I can tackle one issue each day.

To wet your palette, here are the 7 biggest problems that we face in youth sports:

  1. Overzealous parents
  2. Uneducated coaches
  3. Too many competitions
  4. Sports specialization
  5. Weight management
  6. Emphasis on winning
  7. Communication

Obviously, there are other problems within the culture of youth sports, but I believe these seven are the largest, most relevant and need immediate attention.

Often times, when people discover problems, they don't offer solutions to fix them. I don't want to be a cowardly complainer who lacks the courage to make positive changes, so I will offer solutions to make each situation better. In addition, I will try every solution first hand at Victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment