Sunday, October 25, 2009

How to write a blog...

When I first started my blog, I had many ideas that I wanted to write about, but no direction. I wanted to have motivating/inspiring topics, spiritual topics, sports-related topics and cooking topics. Once I started a separate cooking blog, this one started to develop its own characteristics.

I have used Lend Me Your Imagination as a sort of journey into the playground of my brain. I want to reveal what is going on inside my head. It's like it has become an online journal of sorts, and I'm inviting the world to read it.

In my short time as a blogger, I find that the best ones are when I get out of the way and pour out what God is pouring into me. The worst ones are when I try to report on something I know nothing about. If I can be honest and give my experiences, people will be interested. When I get out of the way of the story, instead of manufacturing one, it makes sense.

"The lie is that you need to know your voice as a writer before you write. The truth is you won't unless you write."

I used this quote in my first blog entry. I feel like I'm beginning to find my voice as a writer. The more I write, the more I understand about myself and what I'm trying to say even if I still don't know exactly that is. I guess I'm just trying to get out of the way. The words find their way to the keyboard without me interrupting. Hopefully something good comes of it. I think it will.

No comments:

Post a Comment