Friday, May 14, 2010

Body Bar Women's Nationals - Kissimmee, FL - Friday, May 14, 2010

Today was a "lazy" day as we prepared for registration and weigh-ins. Registration begins tonight at 8:00pm in our hotel. The girls that I'm responsible for had their weight under control so I was able to relax for a while with Liz and Isaiah.

Around 11:00am this morning, Alaina brought it to my attention that today there would be a space shuttle launch from Kennedy Space Station. I became very excited as a space shuttle launch has always been an event that I've wanted to see (it's actually on my list of 100 things to do before I die...yes, I have a hard copy). So we frantically tried to get everything organized to make the 50 minute drive to Cocoa Beach to watch the launch of Atlantis.

We were severely behind schedule, but regardless, we gave it our best effort and got within 30 miles at launch time. Along with hundreds of other cars, we pulled over on the shoulder and watched Atlantis climb for about 8 minutes. It was a spectacular site even from that distance. I feel like I can cross it off the list, however, I'd love to see it up close and be able to hear the boosters.

On the drive back, we drove all over the Kissimmee/Celebration neighborhood, passing by all of the Disney resorts and theme parks. We're still up in the air on what park, if any, we're going to tackle on Sunday. It's still extremely warm in Central Florida, so it might not be a wise to spend an entire outside with an infant. I'm sure he's up for it, though. He's been a gem on this trip (so far).

No comments:

Post a Comment