Monday, February 8, 2010

Sans computer

It's been a while since I posted an entry on this blog. Life has been crazy and I've been traveling a lot lately. This weekend I'm in Colorado Springs, CO for the Dave Schultz Memorial International wrestling tournament. The event was held at the US Olympic Training Center. More than 25 countries were represented.

I'm writing this entry from my wife's Palm Pre phone because I chose not to bring my computer, which has been extremely difficult for me. Five days without e-mail or work. I felt lost at times. It was worth it, though. Instead, I brought my wife (hence, the phone) and my 1 year old son Isaiah.

While I certainly had work to finish, I chose to spend valuable time with my family. We hung out, watched movies, shared a bed and rode the gondola at Breckenridge. I would much rather take advantage of those opportunities than be tied down to my computer.

Sometimes, I need to focus on what's most important in life. Stop and smell the roses and love on those who are closest to me. I love my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment